So I just had to post quick and say....I am all done with clinicals! I have been doing clinicals for 3 years now, once sometimes twice a semester so if you add that up I have had 8 different areas of clinicals. It won't officially hit me until next week on Thursday when I won't have to get ready for clincals, but work if I signed up to work. :) It's amazing, bittersweet, sad, and scary all at the same time. Let me explain, as graduation gets closer, the more I realize that soon I will be working as a Nurse and I will be responsible for people in a professional way and let me tell you...that freaks me out! I am ready though! I am ready to be done with school, no longer have homework and sometimes worthless homework that is not beneficial at all, no more e-journals each week (hallelujah), I will be able to move on in my marriage and Nick and I will finally be able to experience a relationship not involving school, but just work. I will be able to figure out who I am as a person, not a student! :) Can you tell I have been in school for sooooooooo long. I won't know what to do with all of my free time. :) Especially in Nursing, you work your 2 or 3 days and then you are done until your next 2 or 3 days!
I am so grateful though! I am so glad that I've had to work soooooo hard to get into Nursing school and so hard to stay in it! I will appreciate my license so much! I hope I will not turn cold to what Nursing is all about. I hope I will always remember what Nursing school was like, the comradery that you build up with your fellow students, because you are all struggling together. I hope I will never forget. I don't think I will. :)
Well that's all for now. I will have more time to blog now too...so..we'll see what's to come.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Okay, So it has been a loooong time again! I have good reasons why it has taken me so long to blog something though. Here is my list of excuses:
1. I am in my last semester of school and there is a lot of "busy" work that has been assigned this semester.
2. I have been applying for jobs online and getting completely bummed about the options out there.
3. I have been trying to work more, but just in this last week I've been put on call a lot!
4. I went to visit my niece, Maddie, over Spring Break....and that was fun!!
5. I always make time to spend with Nick when we are both home...except right now. :)
6. There are a lot of really good shows on T.V right now...such as...Biggest Loser, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, Jon and Kate plus 8, Toddlers in Tiaras, Survivor....and the list goes on.
7. I have clinicals twice a week until midnight so I do nothing once I get home. (I only have 2 more weeks of clinicals though) Yay!!!!
I think that list will do for right now. :)
I did start a blog awhile ago that I need to finish....it was back in February when we celebrated Grandma Nettie's birthday. Also, I should write one about Spring Break, my IKEA purchases, there is much more to come.