Monday, June 29, 2009

NCLEX-RN



So I really don't even know where to start. It has been so long since I have sat down to blog. I have a half written blog, but never posted it so, we will just move on. :)

On June 16th, 2009 I sat down to take the biggest test I will ever have to take in my whole life and guess what....I PASSED!!! I just have to say...God is so good! So now you can officially refer to me as Allison Doyle, RN BSN!! :) haha

It's amazing to think back on the past 6 years and feel like things were not going to work out, but to be here now and see that things did work out and see all of the little things that I missed along the way.

Before I even took my test I was feeling so overwhelmed with all of the topics that I needed to reveiw and study to be prepared and after talking to a friend of mine who had already taken the test she told me to just pray that God would reveal what topics I needed to focus on and let those be what I studied the most, so I did and it worked! It was amazing to me how the things that I focused more on or I knew were difficult topics for me so I studied them more and those were the questions that I had on my test!

So then on my test day I really was not nervous, I tried to not let myself think about the fact that this was a test to get my license, but just a regular test for school that I had been taking for the past 6 years. Also, Nick has this crazy calming effect on me, I can even remember from the wedding day I had people tell me that they couldn't believe I was getting married because I was not more nervous, but I guess when something is right and is going to work out, it just does!! :)

So back to the test....I get easily distracted....Okay...the morning of the test I was there with plenty of time, they didn't even have the door unlocked yet and I was the 1st person there, but I still just stayed calm and when the doors were finally unlocked I got #1 and was the first person to register (give them my authorization to test #, driver's license, and index fingerprint) this was serious business, they want to make sure no one else is taking the test for you, so here is where things get good. I totally felt like numerous little things happened during that morning where God was reassuring me to stay calm and trust in Him.

For instance, before I went in to take the test I went to the bathroom and there were automatic soap dispensers....this doesn't seem like a big deal, but just a few weeks before that my friend from school proved to me how gullible I am by telling me to check out the "automatic soap dispensers" at this outlet mall we went to, but they did not have them, so I just had to laugh when I actually did have the automatic soap dispensers at the testing site, also all through school at Bethel the instructors would always pray for us before a big test, and it was so encouraging to me that right before I went into the room to sit down at my computer that the guy who was proctoring the test told me that I had nothing to worry about because they were all out there praying for me....just what I needed to hear at exactly the right time, but that's not it!!

The best part of all....because I was the first person in the room the guy proctoring the test kept talking to me until I was seated at the computer and he told me, "Allison if you need anything during the test just let me know, my name is Alfred." I was in shock...I asked him, "What did you say your name is?" he said, "Alfred" for those of you who don't know....that was my grandpa Isley's name! That's not a very common name either...so after that I knew things would be okay!! Like I said before...God is good!!

Things were ok...because I passed and I've reached my goal to become a Nurse. It was not always easy and I was stretched further than I ever thought I could be to points of feeling like I was going to break or fail and not go on,but here I am. Done with school and with letters after my name to boot!! :)



No comments: