Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tennessee in all of it's splendor!


We had an amazing trip in Tennessee. The first day we got there it was in the 70's and sunny...it was amazing. The first thing we did when we got there was open up the 2 doors and just look at our amazing view! We had looked forever online and finally found a cabin that Nick felt satisfied with that would be secluded enough. Some of the cabins are very close to each other so I did understand where he was coming from and it was PERFECT!! We went with a cabin rental company called Volunteer Cabin Rentals and we have never had any problems with them. My parents have also gone through them, and their cabins are great. The cabin that we had was called "Unforgettable" and it was just that. It is the perfect place to go to for a romantic getaway... that is for sure! It was just great for us to get away from work, school, and bills and just spend some quality time together. This past semester was difficult trying to balance working
opposite shifts, going to school at different times, and just life! That is the best way to put it.
I just can NOT wait until the day that Nick and I are in a relationship that does NOT involve
school! :) It will come soon enough...so back to TN...Our first night there we did not go into town and do anything...we stayed at the cabin and made dinner (a little side note here....making dinner all 3 nights included putting a pizza in the oven! ) The reason we did that was we wanted something easy, we didn't want to have to buy a bunch of food, and we didn't want left overs...so...what better than a frozen pizza???
Ok so then after dinner we hung out in the hot tub, played pool, watched a movie, and checked
out the heart shaped jacuzzi tub....can you say heavenly? Then on day 2 we made breakfast, got
ready and went into Pigeon Forge. It was sprinkling rain and was very foggy!!! So we went to the Christmas Store that we've been to a few times now...didn't find anything, then we went to lunch, and then to the outlet mall. I found tons of stuff and Nick didn't find much, but I guess that is how the cookie crumbles. :) hehe. I have to add this though. When we were driving back I think it was around 6pm and it was dark!! I mean really dark, then it was still foggy! I can not explain how bad it was, unless you've driven in the mountains before it is hard to explain. We could not even see in front of us when we were trying to get back to the cabin. Luckily Nick just got me a GPS for Christmas so we used that and it showed how the roads curved, but it was still really really scary! At one point I had to get out and walk a little bit so Nick knew where to drive. Ugh! It was crazy!! So then when we got back we just hung out at the cabin, again sitting in the hot tub, watching a movie/TV, played pool, and I think we sat in the jacuzzi tub again. We had to get the full benefit of our cabin! Then on day 3 we really took an easy! We woke up late, ate breakfast, sat in the hot tub while it was sprinkling rain (that was so awesome), we were in there for awhile and then decided to start getting ready and our plans were to go to the Old Mill Restaurant.....Yumm-O! We had been there before with my family, but man is the food there good! To say the least...we were NOT on the diet while we were there. :) Then we went back to the outlet mall to get a few more things we didn't get before and went back to the cabin. Our main intention for that day was to eat at Old Mill and relax at the cabin. It was rainy and foggy on that day too, but not nearly as bad as before. We also made sure to get back earlier so it wasn't as dark. To say the least...It was amazing! I feel so grateful to have been able to spend that time with Nick! I remember going to TN with my parents when I was younger and I always wondered why they didn't take us other places for our family vacations like the Bahamas, or somewhere exotic and fun like that, but looking back on it I'm glad we did go to TN. Hey it says something that now with my husband we choose to go there for a vacation. I know someday I would like to take my kids and stay in a cabin. It is just such a fun experience.
Not to sound like a complete corn ball, but when I am in TN I feel so close to God. I guess it is partly because how could someone look at a mountain and not believe there is something greater out there then all of us? Not only that, but just everything, the sky, clouds, I don't know how to put it into words, but when I am there I just feel so at peace. Also because I have so many family members who are from TN it makes me feel like I am in touch with my "roots" I think of my great-grandma Kitts, my grandpa Isley, and many family members I never even had the opportunity to meet.
This is starting to be really long and I still have to add pictures. I have decided to start blogging at work, save it, and then I will add pictures when I get home....Hopefully it will work.
Try not to be too jealous of our awesome Tennessee vacation! :)
It was exactly what we needed before starting our final semester in college!!!!



~Allison

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a near perfect trip! I'm glad you had such a great time. :)

Anonymous said...

Allison, I finally read your blog. It brought tears to my eyes to hear you talk about our family. I really miss Grandma Kitts, and Grandpa Isley. Remember who you are>>>>It sounds like Tennessee means just as much to you as it does to me, I blame your dad for making me fall in love with Tennessee. Hopefully someday you'll bring our grandkids to see us in Tennessee. (Someday) Love, Mom