Friday, November 14, 2008

Crazy Week!!

Okay so this week was busy!! On Monday I had my classes until 4pm then we celebrated Nick's b-day. We went to a few stores then out to dinner at Doc Pierce's...Nick loves that place ( I think it's pretty good too). Nick wouldn't let me take any pictures during dinner...this will not happen again. I am going to start taking more pictures and he will just have to learn to deal with it. :) hehe
So then after dinner we stopped by Dairy Queen (thanks mom doyle and kel) to get a Birthday cake. I was a little disappointed to not make my "South Beach appropriate" cake, but it is a tradition for Nick to get a gift card from his mom for a DQ cake and let's face it...we couldn't stop tradition this year. :)


Here's the cake. Yum-O! :)

Here's Nick making a wish...I still need to find out what that was.

Here he is opening his gift...which was something small....a coffee mug and coffee from Starbucks. We are going to celebrate both of our birthdays more by getting a cabin in TN over Christmas Break.....So excited! All of that was just Monday. :) Oh yeah..I also took a test in my Community Nursing class that I got a 48/50...Oh yeah. I am bragging because I was not doing well in the class and now I am on the up hill...
Ok..so Tuesday we had a work day for the Health Fair that we had on Wednesday. Of course, I waited until the last minute to put my tri fold together. Here is a picture of the finished project.


I was lucky enough to get the topic of HIV...a little controversial on Bethel's campus, but to be brutally honest...I didn't care. I feel that this is a topic that should NOT be sugar coated and people should get the facts and get them in a straightforward manner to not misunderstand what they are. Now...I'm not saying that I was hateful in my approach, but I put the facts out there and people could take them how they wanted to. I can not believe the hatefulness of some people and how stereotypical they are about this topic. I have to say I was probably like that before I did research and had my eyes opened at the Health Fair. Let me just say this...Not everyone makes a decision in their behavior knowing full well ahead of time that they could possibly become HIV positive. For example...I will one day be a Nurse....I will be giving injections and working with needels...what if I were to have an accidental needel stick with someone who had AIDS? Just think about that for a little while. Nick and I did discuss this issue and once again he amazes me with his responses...and how tolerant he is of my crazy questions sometimes. :)
Wow...that is just Tuesday...so Wednesday was the Health Fair...this was an ALL day thing...kinda boring sometimes, but here are some pictures...I had a lot more, but didn't want to bore you or take the time to put them on here. :)

I had to put these pictures up...these are 2 of the 3 signs that I made for our Olympic themed Health Fair. Very cool...Huh!??! :) Then on Thursday I had NOTHING! Can you believe it? I had a little homework, but really nothing at all. I can't believe I am going to admit this...but I seriously slept until 1pm on Thursday and it was the BEST thing ever! I love to be able to go to sleep and not have to worry about waking up the next morning. That is when I get my best sleep.
So then today, Friday all of the Senior BSN students took a cardinal bus to Merrillville to see a nursing theorist, Nola Pender, now this was boring. I really don't feel like I learned anything new...and I had to pay to go. Ugh! Ok, I guess I am sure I learned something new..but it was not very interesting! Then a small group of us girls went to the Merrillville mall where we did some shopping. :) This week has been crazy and the weekend will be too. I work tomorrow and then everything will start all over again! Here is a picture to end on. Have you guys seen my new haircut yet? Well I've had it for a little while now, but I know some of you haven't seen pictures yet. Kara does such a good job. I don't know what I will do when she moves. :)
I hope I haven't completly made some of you bored, but here is a week update on what's been going on.










~Allison

No comments: