Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This is a Place Where Bears Hibernate

Nick is at work tonight so I am trying to catch up/get ahead on some homework for this weekend. One of my main things I am trying to get done tonight is this long Literature Review that I have to write for my research class. Luckily we were able to pick our topic of research, and I was even more lucky to find someone who wanted to research the same thing as me. The topic we choose was cervical cancer screening participation in women aged 18-36 on Bethel's campus. You may be thinking... What?!?! I think it is interesting...and I think it is even more interesting to find out through other research articles that not many women get regular pap exams. I won't bore you anymore with that topic...but it is a huge 2 semester research project that the Senior BSN students are working on...Blah! :)
Anyways...what is making it difficult to complete and why I needed to take a break to vent is that the people in the apartment across the hall from us have been playing LOUD music for the past 3-4 hours and it is driving me CRAZY! I can't hear the words or even the music, just the thumps from the bass...Grr...so rude! It's very hard for me to concentrate and think about what I need to type.
So you may be wondering about the title....well earlier today before Nick went to work we took a nap...mine longer than his...(nothing beats a good nap in the middle of the week), but it was all possible due to our bedroom that is equipped to let me sleep during the day when I have to work the night before. Not only do we have blinds on our windows (that are room darkening), but we also have roman shades that make the room darker. Now usually I will try to sleep when the sun is just coming up and so I don't notice how dark our bedroom really gets, but today being early evening and it was starting to get dark here anyways our bedroom was especially dark. So dark that I had to point out to Nick that it could be a place where bears could hibernate. Now that is dark!
Oh my goodness....the music is not as loud anymore!! I can still hear it, but maybe I should get back to my homework.
One last note...I love this weather. It has been somewhat warm here...60's-70's, but today when I was walking on campus there were a ton of leaves just falling and blowing and it was Awesome! There was just something so peaceful about that today for me.
I promise in future posts I will have more pictures. :)

~Allison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friend, your neighbors are lucky you are so nice! I so would have called the cops...I did it in Bloomington! hhahaah
I miss you friend and hope I can talk to you this weekend!